Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update

It has been a week or so since I have updated you guys with how things are going. I went into the weekend feeling great. I spent Friday night visiting my Younglife kids at the middle school I am a leader at. It was great and a blessing to be able to see them and for them to see me. I got to talk to them about what I have been going through and my faith and they loved it and I could see God working in there hearts. I ended Friday thanking God for an amazing week feeling great and getting a chance to do things like Younglife, hangout with friends, and even go to my high school soccer game. Saturday found me in the ER at the hospital because It looked like I had an infection in my port. I didn't feel sick or have a fever but I had to spend the night in the hospital and they had to give me antibiotics. At about 11 pm sitting in my hospital room with my mom guess who showed up? Devon showed up with his mom. Sadly he was there because he has got a fever and was having problems too. He was a lot worse then me though. It was pretty amazing that of all the hospital rooms in the hospital Devon and I ended up in the same room again. We stayed until about 1am celebrating Devon's 16th birthday singing him happy birthday with the nurses. I felt sooo bad that he had to spend his 16th birthday in the hospital. Devon and I have really enjoyed each other and are becoming better friends and so are our moms. I believe God has given me this friendship for a reason. Devon and I were planning are getting rooms together for the next round of chemo but it kills me to say Devon is still in the hospital and when I visited him today (because I was at the hospital for appointments) I found out he has to be in the hospital until thursday and maybe longer. Devon really needs our prays as he is struggling and going through a rough time right now. We still might get rooms together though since I go in for Chemo tomorrow for 5 days. I spend Monday and Today practicing my golf game and it was great to be out on the course. It was the first time I has been on the course since my treatment. Like I said I go in for chemo tomorrow until Sunday and I am feeling ready but I have come to find from this chemo that it really wears me down being in the hospital for a longer period of time. Over and over again I find myself thinking when things are not going well why cant I just feel better but then I feel selfish asking God for that because there are so many more kids out there suffering so much more. I am glad things are going good but I know there will be times where am like Devon with fevers and having to spend days in the hospital not just for treatment. Hoping and praying for a good round of chemo.

Love,
Garrett

2 comments:

  1. Oh Garrett, You are one special young man. You bring me to tears every time I read one of your posts. So brave and so faithful. Your Mother must be proud. I will continue to pray for you and will add Devon to our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett...praying for you as you head into this week's round of chemo. I too am adding Devon to my prayers~ I KNOW your Mom is so proud of you and so are all of us! Stay Strong!

    ReplyDelete