Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting ready for surgery

Sorry I have not posted for awhile. I have been getting ready for surgery. Last week and weekend consist of my counts getting rock bottom and I had a blood transfusion and just hung out. Yesterday I went to Snowqualmie Falls with the family then had some friends over. This morning I woke up to the sun and feeling great and knew what I had to do. I drove my truck and went to play some golf for the last time until well about this time next year. I then had to go to the hospital to meet with everyone for pre surgery. Tomorrow the plan is for me to go into surgery in the afternoon with the plan to get a bone graph with the surgery lasting about 3 to 4 hours. This is a lot of pain and recovery coming my way and if the doctor doesn't feel he can get all of the tumor when he cuts me open he will take the knee too. But hopefully will won't have to go there. I know this path is not going to be easy at all and I really have no idea what is in store for me. But I have been through soo much already and I know God is going to be guiding those doctors and nurse through the entire surgery. I have a lot of things running through my head at a time like this but I have faith in the Lord and I am ready to take this surgery with everything I have.

Love you all,
Garrett

3 comments:

  1. Garrett dear, I am a friend of Dawn's. Today especially I am praying for you. I so admire your bravery and good attitude. May God grant you strength and wellness. xoxo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery Garrett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Garrett-a friend of Dawn's here. I'm a Texan and we do everything in a BIG way. Yup, even prayer! You'll have Texas-size prayers for a speedy recovery! Love in Him, Virginia (Mrs. J.), Vava....whatever! :)

    ReplyDelete