Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting around

Last time I posted I was in the middle of my 3 day chemo. I made it through that pretty easily. That night I got pretty sick and ended up in the ER, but they gave me some fluids and sent me home and I was fine. I ended up going to my beach place the next day and seeing a bunch of family which was really well needed. I spent the next week visiting with friends and doing physical therapy. That Saturday I went with my family to the drive-ins to see Inception. Sunday I went out to my beach place for the day again. Wednesday I went in for my 5 day chemo. My 5 day chemo was pretty rough and seemed like it lasted forever. But once again I made it through. The following week was good but slow and I got really tired and had a blood transfusion on Saturday. I now know that the 5 day chemo kicks my butt and makes all my counts go low and hard to recover. I was suppose to have my first 8 hour chemo today instead of 3 days but my platelets were not high enough and I have to wait until friday to have my 8 hour. After this 8 hour I will have 3 chemos left; two 5 days and one more 8 hour chemo. I found out today that my friend Devon will be all done with treatment and get to go back to Yakima for good on September 14. I am sooo happy for him and it also makes me think that I am only about a month behind him. I am getting around well on my crutches, but yet super sore when I spend time walking on them. Things are moving along and I just need to stay as healthy as possible and on schedule so I can finish this treatment up these next couple months. I am past tired and frustrated with treatment and really worn down but I know I am gonna make it. Thank you for soo much great support.
Love,
Garrett

3 comments:

  1. Still praying for you Garrett. I can't imagine how difficult this all has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Garrett!!! Still praying as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi G! We were out of town most of August...I hope you are doing great! You are always in our hearts and minds! Love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete