Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reality Brings Saddness

About 2 months I spent one of my 5 day chemos rooming with a really cool 23 year old boy from New Mexico. His name is Logan and he was living in New Mexico and got Leukemia. The Leukemia ended up going away and he was cancer free. A couple years later the Leukemia returned and his family and him came up to Seattle Childerns to get a donor. The plan was for Logan to get some of his brother's bone marrow because they thought it would match Logan's. It ended up not being the right match. Logan has been in the hospital since the middle of may without leaving getting sick with viruses and not being able to find a donor. Today my mom came in and told me she has just got done talking to his parents and Logan is only getting sicker and is starting to have heart failure. It brought tears to my eyes hearing that. There is really nothing left they can do for him and the are sending him back to home which is New Mexico. It is very heart hurting seeing people and rooming with kids here at Childerns all the time who don't have that light at the end but still are fighting and have a smile on their face. I look around at this world and everyone is always complaining at small things like having a cold, or breaking up with their bf or gf that they went out with for a month, or just daily things that get us down because we let it. But before you start complaining about what you had for dinner remember there are kids I see everday just fighting for their lives before that even get a chance to live life. Logon needs our prayers more then ever. I'm hoping to get up from bed and get a chance to go talk to him today and pray and wish him the best.

3 comments:

  1. Hi G...I am so sorry to hear about this young adult and his struggle with Leukemia...it is heartbreaking. We have already prayed for him and will continue...you will be a wonderful support to him I am SURE! Love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry bro. I know Logan was a good friend to meet while you were at Children's. I'm sure he is just as greatful to have met a friend like you. I feel beyond blessed to have such a carring and loving brother who would push himself to get out of bed and go chat/pray with him. You are living the life God has created for you and that's all he can ask for. I'm proud of you G. Love you and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard this must be for both of you. I'll keep logan in our prayers too.

    ReplyDelete