Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Last 24 Hours!!!

The last 24 hours have pretty awesome. I had a great weekend out at my beach place and I am having my last 8 hour chemo today then I have two weeks off then my last 5 day chemo. The last 24 hours have been indescribable. I found out yesterday afternoon that I will be done with treatment on October 19 if everything goes as planned. That was great news to finally have a end day in mind. I am glad it is the 19th because I told one of My best friends Brendan 2 months ago that I wanted to be done by his birthday and his birthday is the 19th so I was happy to tell him about that. After my appointment I went to golf practice like I have been doing when I am not in the hospital and feeling up to it to go support my team. I forgot that Auburn Younglife was having their annual golf tournament at Auburn while we were practicing. When I went down to practice I saw people from Younglife I was asked by Kim Olson (head of yl) if I would share my testimony at the dinner after the tournament. I wasn't sure if I should since I had never shared it before and had no time to prepare. But God was moving in my heart and I got up that night and gave my testimony for the first time infront of people. I talked about my father dying of cancer, dedicating my life to Christ in 7th grade, ect, and of course talking about how much God has changed my life and been by my side through through all this treatment. It was pretty awesome and I also got to hear my good friend Makenzie testimony too which was awesome. I got up this morning for my outpatient chemo and Devon came and said goodbye as he has just got his port out and was officailly done with treatment and headed back to Yakima. I was sooo happy for him and neither of us could stop smiling cause he was done. I am sooo glad I met Devon ever since we met back in April we have been close friends and got along very well hanging out both in the hospital and outside the hospital. I was sooo blessed to have him come into my life during such a hard time and have someone around my age that actually knows what I am going through and has the same feelings about things as I do. I am going to miss Devon very much but I made sure to tell him that I never wanted to see him at Childerns again. I can't wait for us to be able to hangout when we are both better and walking and back to our normal lifes. I will for sure be making trips over to Yakima. So as you can see these last 24 hours have been pretty incredible. I am fighting hard and feeling good and I need your prayers more then ever this next month for me to stay healthy and strong and to keep fighting. Thank you all for everything!!!
Love,
Garrett

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that your almost done with treatment!! I feel blessed that I have been able to hear your story. You are such an amazing young man. Stay strong!! My family continues to pray for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete