Saturday, September 18, 2010

Last Post

Im terribly sorry for not keeping you updated the last couple months. If you have not found out yet I finished my treatment on October 19th. The feeling was unexplainable and very emotional for me(in a good way). Ever since I started treatment I dreamed about that day. Some days it seemed like I would not make. Other days it felt like it was just around the corner. Well I am proud to say that I AM A CANCER SURVIVOR. I went back to school the next day and have been back to my life, friends, family, and school ever since.

Life back has been so much different then life before cancer. I am a very emotional person now. Everyday I try my best to live it to the fullest because we are never promised tomorrow. I have been spending lots of time with my friends and back to being an teenager. School is school and it is going well. Life also is a lot harder then before. Everyday I think about all the kids up at Children's Hospital who are suffering. That by far has been the hardest part. I just can't get those kids off my mind and knowing what there going through it kills me. I try to keep myself busy because when I don't I start thinking about all those things I went through and knowing kids are going through that as a speak hurts. Life around me has really changed while I was away. My leg is doing as well as it can and hopefully I will be off crutches in January but I constantly need the prayers for full healing and to stay healthy.

I am so glad to be back to my life. I don't think I can put into words how much I owe everyone who has stood by my side through this all and helped out my family and I. I am so grateful for the people in my life and I feel so blessed. On Sunday I went back to church for the first time since I have started treatment and it felt so good to be back in the house of God. I know I am not perfect and I am a teenager who does stupid things all the time. But I know when it comes down to it I owe Jesus my life. I would not be here today if it were not for God and all you guys who have prayed for me constantly. This will be my last post as I am back to being Garrett and living life to the fullest. Thank you soo much for everything. Always remember though as I am writing this there is a child who is being told they have cancer. I remember waking up from my surgery that day and being told that. PRAY PRAY PRAY AND ALWAYS HAVE HOPE. I am at the top of the mountain now. I have a lot to do in this world and I am so glad I get a chance to live it. If you have learned anything from me through this all is faith can move mountains and to live life to the fullest everyday. THANK YOU!!!

LOVE,
Garrett Light





3 comments:

  1. Garrett you will continue to be in our thoughts and our prayers. We will ask God for you healing and your strength and guidance for the challenges that you face adapting to your full life again. Your love for God and your own strength amaze me
    We love you Garrett
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett,
    I appreciate the honesty you express here. I hope you can get past the High School "down the drain" feelings about last year. There is a song by Tim McGraw I think you could listen to for a change in perspective. It's called "Let it Go".
    BTW- Cancer didn't stop you playing golf, don't let HC get away from you because you can't walk. Go anyway, because no one expects you to dance the way you think you should. You can Dance anyway you feel like.
    You've been dancing all this time in our hearts and minds.
    Keep believing in yourself and your faith.
    We do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett, I don't have the words to express how you have affected my life. I don't know you, I've never been in your position, I've never experienced a loss like you have. You've been through more than anyone should but I have to believe that God has a plan. I feel honored to have been able to follow along in your journey. I hope i'm passing on a love for God and a strength like yours to my son. Now, listen to your friend Brian, cause you've been dancing in my heart since I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete