Monday, May 3, 2010

God is Good

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. My 5 day chemo went well but I was ready to get out of there Sunday Morning when Jim and I left at 3 am. We now have the routine down where on 5 day chemo's my Mom stays Wednesday and Thursday night then my oldest sister Megan stays Friday then Jim stays Saturday and we leave right when I get unhooked. Things have been going good though as I went golfing once last week been doing school work and staying away from the Hospital as much as possible. The doctors thought I would have to get a transfusion yesterday so I went into for blood tests and my counts had once again gone way up so I 'm still without my 1st transfusion. After starting treatment 2 months ago it really is unbelievable how well I have done. God is taking such good care of me and I feel very lucky. I know things can change quickly and my treatment is going to wear me down over time but as of right now I'm fighting this cancer very well. I have a huge month ahead for me and I am really hoping for a great month that keeps me out of the hospital as much as possible. I will keep posting but these next two weeks are going to be pretty crazy with 3 day chemo on Wednesday, Mothers Day Sunday then the following week a PET scan to see what my tumor has done, then a blood transfusion in the works, then the Relay for Life and my birthday. I am so happy I am doing well. Keep praying and thank you for all the support.
Love,
Garrett

1 comment:

  1. WOW Garrett you are going to be busy!! So glad to hear your doing well considering! God is good!!! Continued prayers!!

    ReplyDelete