Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Golf

You really can't know how much something means to you until it is taken away from you. Today I played golf and played the best in months. I do not really understand how I played at the top of my game under the condition I am. Then I thought well I deserve to have this happen to me. I love golf a lot. Its my sport its what I do. It always makes me happy and I never get sick of it. I set high goals for me with golf. In October I missed going to state by a few strokes and our team missed winning league by 2 strokes. I told myself that Junior golf season was over and time to get ready for Senior year because nothing was going to keep me from going to state and our team winning league. I had just got a job at the golf course and was going to golf free all spring and summer long and train like heck to get a lot better. I also applied for a scholarship to play at Meridian Valley Country Club which I got. I also got nominated to be team co captain with my friends brendan. Everything was set up perfect and I had everything I wanted in Golf. As I get closer to having surgery next month and still not knowing yet what they are going to do to my leg I have to realize unless there are miracles and I still have a lot of hope, but most likely I wont be playing my senior year for golf or play golf at all for another year. I will be still doing chemo and have a brace on my leg and if im not having a brace my leg will not be able to bend enough to golf. I have spent the last month or so getting my golf in and doing everything I can before my surgery. It has made me super happy every time I get a chance to go out and enjoy golf and not think about school or the hospital. It is going to be super hard to not have that in my life while I recover from my surgery. I know lots of things can happen and like I said I still hope if there is any way that I can play my senior year of golf because it is my last year of high school golf and ill never get that back. Everything happens for a reason and God has control while I wont have golf I will have other things keeping me going and strong. I will be riding that golf cart around either way cheering on my team and giving them hope and making sure they still win league.

Garrett

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to get out there and enjoy it! Miracles do happen! So don't count your Senior year out just yet!! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete