Sunday, March 21, 2010

Good Weekend

As a guy I am not big on the whole blog thing and I thought my sisters would be doing most of it but I guess people want to hear from me and have me blog more often then I do and I guess I can't blame them.
Friday morning I was at children's getting my blood taken where my counts were the lowest they have been but it is very normal for my treatment. I also met with the teacher up at the hospital and got some help in math and will be working with her next week while I'm in the hospital. I came home and spent the rest of the day with my sister Lindsy where we played video games, watched basketball, and of course my favorite thing to do with my sister we watched a chick flick. She then left for her Mission Trip to Brooklyn, New York through her church at Western so please pray for her and the other students who will be spending the next week serving people over there.
Saturday I slept in and woke up to sunshine and knew I could not spend it at home inside. I spent the rest of the morning watching basketball then my mom, Jim, and I headed South to Steilacoom to visit the Barnums for the day. On are way there we stopped by Chambers Bay golf course to look at it. Just watching people play, being out in the sun, and seeing that amazing golf course it was the best 30 minutes I have had in awhile. At the Barnums we ate a lot of great food, got to be outside, and watched some basketball and it was great just being out of the house and visiting with family.
Today was another great day as I slept in then did some homework and read a little bit. I then of course watched basketball (college basketball is my favorite sport to watch). My friend Steve then came over and we played video games and got to visit about school and things like that.
As you can see I have felt pretty good all weekend which has been pretty nice. I'm glad I got to get out a little bit instead of always being inside. I'm not looking forward to this week as I go to the hospital both monday and tuesday morning then I'm back in the hospital for more chemo until Sunday. But I'm just taking it day by day.

Take care,
Garrett

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got to enjoy the outdoors!! If college basketball is your fav then you must be loving it right now with March Madness. The only reason i'm even aware of it's exsitence is because I delivered my daughter this month during a game. My husband AND my doctor were watching it on t.v. while I was in labor. I could hardly believe it!! Hopefully this week isn't to rough on you with the chemo. Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hang in there Garrett. We are all out here still praying and keeping you in our hearts. I got to see Powell for the first time with his head shaved. I am so proud of all of those boys to think of you as they do and to do that for you. I am very proud of Powell and what this means to him. I know this will be a tough week for you. Keep strong and keep that beautiful positive attitude going. I know at times it will be rough, just know we are all out here FOR YOU !
    We love you Garret
    Dennis and Emily (Powell's grandparents)

    ReplyDelete