Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rough Day

I got done with my chemo Sunday Morning at 4 30 am and Jim and I were out of the hospital by 5 and home by 5 45 I slept until about 9 am. After being there since Wednesday I was sooo glad to get home. I had not slept more than 2 hours straight the entire time I was in the hospital. You don't get much sleep in hospitals so when I got home I was in zombie mode but not feeling too nausea. I spent most of Sunday just being with my family as both my sisters were home for the first time in awhile. I also had the Lee family stop by and I got a surprise as my cousin Hunter shaved his head. I then got to see the Byrne Family from Spokane for a little while. Going into the afternoon I was feeling nausea. After my sisters both left for Redmond and Bellingham I started getting a temperature and I got sick. I then started to have throat pain which are all side affects. I went to bed early as I had probably 24 hours of sleep total since Wednesday. I did not get much sleep though as I had to be woken up every 30 min to check my temperature because I was running a fever. I was also trying to get down fluids and medicine I did not really sleep all night and I spent all day yesterday at the hospital where I was really nausea and tired. The doctor said I have bad mouth sores which are very common and I got medicine for that and also medicine for nausea. I slept for about 13 hours last night and I feel a lot better this morning as the medicine is helping my sores and the nausea is gone. My goal for today is to rest, do homework, eat, and stay away from the hospital:). I would also like to thank all the Moms who have been making me dinner. The food you have made has been amazing and if I did not have that food I would be in trouble for sure because I usually loose weight while im in the hospital but I gain it right back when I get a nice home cooked meal:). Thanks MOMS!!! Its been a tough week and even tougher last 48 hours or so but I'm so happy I am home and can see people and actually eat and sleep. As hard as it may be at times I feel lucky to have so much in my life with friends, family, God, and a home to go home. Also a mom that is more than amazing. Being at the hospital it kills me looking around and seeing so many people suffer so much more then I am. I think we all need to try are hardest to think about the good things we have in our life's instead of thinking about the things that are keeping you down.

Love you all and come visit me
Garrett


3 comments:

  1. i love you so much. i'm so sorry you had to go back to the hospital yesterday and were not feeling well. i wish i could have stayed with you. i'm thinking about you always. keep your head up and the Lord will show you wonders. have a good week and I'll see you friday! x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett...so sorry you had a rough day yesterday, but glad to know today is better. Hope last nights Mac and Cheese tasted like the last :)...just say the word and I will make it for you anytime...not kidding!! Prayers going up for you all the time!! xoxo The Parsons Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your an amazing young man. To be going through everything you are and to still worry about others. My family still continues to pray for you and as for the Mom's who have made you food- I think that's fantastic! It's a good thing I don't live closer cause my home cooking would actually make you sick! ;) Hang in there and keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete