Saturday, March 6, 2010

Home and feeling the Love

I have bee home now since Wednesday night and I have been feeling better more and more everyday. I came home on crutches and was sooooo out of it Wednesday and all I wanted to do was get some sleep; something you don't get a lot of when your at the hospital. So Wednesday it felt great just to sleep and not get bugged. Thursday I was still taking my pain drugs and not able to walk without my crutches and help. By the end of the day though I was off all pain drugs. Come Friday I woke up and felt great. By the end of Friday I was getting around with with no crutches and no help and no pain medication. I still have a little pain this morning but Im feeling pretty darn good. This brings me to my main point on this post which is the support I have been getting. I am amazed over and over again at how much love people are showing. Ever since I have been home people have been visiting me, sending me cards, and there love and support. I also had the chance to go visit my school yesterday and now I am writing this blog on my new Mac which the school gave me. The Elementary school, Middle school and most of all Auburn Moutainview the high school I go to raised $1400 in 2 days by the teachers to get me this Mac. I thought that was amazing and felt such great support. My house also got decorated by a bunch of friends. Also Dawn Brown and one of my best friends Kylee are in the process of making bracelets to raise money. I have got several other things from family and friends but that would take me forever to list all of them. So as you can see the support is amazing. Last night when I was on my computer just relaxing and finally getting a chance to read all my messages and posts on facebook it just made me feel so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people. I can already tell that God is moving in everyones life that has been affected by this and it is sooo amazing to see his work and makes me even feel better about my Cancer because everyone plus me is growing and becoming closer to each other and God and that is exactly what he wants to happen. It was hard last night though to stay home because it is a Friday night and on Fridays im either hanging with my friends and leading Younglife which I believe is going to be super hard to get over. I love leading so much and have just started making great relationships with these kids and it just breaks my heart knowing I cant be there for them on those Friday nights to teach them about Christ and to just love them. I have also felt bad because I have missed two of my best friends birthdays while recovering, so I would like to take a moment to say Happy Birthday Steve and Maddy. But I know that God has other plans and like I was saying earlier I am already loving what I am seeing with the people around me and myself and how we are growing and loving God more and more each day. I am feeling great this morning as I'm writing this and this is a really long post and I wanted to make it that way because I need to make the best on writing on this blog because most of the posts will be from my sister. Im ready for the next week and to start chemo with the hardest part of chemo being next week I feel a lot better about it after feeling all the love I have felt this week.
I Love You all very much,
Garrett

7 comments:

  1. Garrett, You are one amazing young man. You keep fighting this disease and following God's path. If my children turn out to be 1/2 the person you are I will be extremely proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett...we are all so glad you are feeling good! You have so many people on your team praying and cheering you through this...and of course, your biggest cheerleader, GOD. You are right, already this has brought so many people together, and other are stepping out of their comfort zones...keep walkin the walk and talkin the talk and Jesus will see you through. We love you and you are in our prayers!
    xoxo ~ The Parsons Family, Toby ,Dawn, Powell, Blake, Bennett and Lucy.

    P.S. Angie is a friend of mine I "met" through blogland. She is so sweet and obviously touched by the great guy that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett,
    I came across your blog from the Brown Circus blog. I just wanted you to know that my husband and I are praying for you and your family. Praying for recovery and tuesday for sure. God is sooo good and we are praying that He gives you peace that surpasses all understanding. You hang in there. With love, The Edin Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garrett,

    I am Krysta, Ashley and Griffin Lamb's aunt. I just want you to know that I am praying for you. I have also asked all the sisters in our monastery to pray for you. We are storming heaven with our prayers for your healing and that God may be glorified through your faith-filled journey.

    Blessings, Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garrett,

    You continue to amaze me. You are such a firm believer in God's constant, amazing and transcending love and power that it's contagious. You are definitely right that God has a plan and while we don't know what that is nor will ever, trusting in Him makes the unknown a little less frightening. You are truly an inspiration not only to a lot of people surrounding you during this time but to me as well. You are so incredibly strong and know that you have a prayer support from Bham.

    Love Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Garrett, I am Powell's grandma, I have met you there before. I want you to know that you are in our prayers and our thoughts. I am sending out a prayer list to all my email friends and I pray that you will feel the warmth of God's white light. You are a brave young man, I love your spirit and your love for God. You have taught me so much already.
    I lost a son seven years ago and that is a burden I can hardly bear but listening to you and seeing your faith as you go through all of this makes my walk a little softer.
    I read an affirmation that I would like to share with you.
    God I do not understand why you want me to carry this load, it is awfully heavy, but if this is what you want me to do, I will carry it for YOU.
    I love you Garrett, You are in my prayers.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi G! We enjoyed our visit with you and are so happy you had a great weekend! There is no doubt Heavenly Father loves you so very much. What a wonderful gift to know this and be able to bless so many lives with your great example. We will be praying for you! If anyone wants to order a wristband, please email me at browncircus@comcast.net. We would like a donation of $5.00 per wrist band but will accept a minimum of $2.00 and of course more. All proceeds will go to Garrett's cancer walk fund!

    ReplyDelete