Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home from first Chemo Treatment

I'm glad to be home after spending the last 52 hours getting my first chemo treatment. It was a little different then I thought it would, but in a good way. I was expecting to get very sick and nauseas. Yes I did feel nauseas a lot but never got sick because all the drugs they gave me to keep me from getting sick. They said when giving kids chemo my age they just like to give you drugs to make you sleepy. That is exactly how I felt I was out of it pretty much the entire time i was there. I got up and walked around my room and the floor a little just to get out of bed, but wherever I went and walked around I would have to roll around my chemo that was hooked up to me. Probably the weirdest thing I felt when I was there was whenever I was out on my drugs I would hallucinate when sleeping it was pretty weird and I would talk and reach out my hand while Im sleeping. Having chemo in me changes a lot because I cant afford to be around anyone or anything that could get me sick.
I really miss everyone and hanging out with my friends!

Garrett

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Home....sleeping through nausea sounds like the way to go! Praying you continue to feel well...I know your friends miss you too. We think about you all the time! xoxo The Parsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett, so glad you are home and doing well. I admire you so much. I am sure your friends are missing you also. You have touched so many lives and when 16 and 17yr olds see one of their friends going through this, it makes them look at things a little differently. There is so much in this would we just take for granite. We love and continue to left you in prayer.
    Dennis and Emily( powell's grandparents)

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess what... i'm not sick anymore! i'm not sure if you even remember talking to me on the phone while you were at the hospital but i have been sick the past few days. but I'm better now. and I'll be even better by saturday when I finally get to come home! i can't wait to see you. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thrilled to know you are home again. Thank you for keeping us updated. We love you and are thinking about you and continuing prayers for you and the family. Uncle B.

    ReplyDelete