Sunday, March 14, 2010

Relaxing weekend at home

Garrett is currently sitting in his Grandpa's favorite chair watching the NCAA Men's basketball selection show (some of you may know Grandpa's famous brown chair). This is Lindsy blogging (garrett's other sister). I am finally done with finals and home from WWU for a night and spending some quality time with Garrett. Last night we had a popcorn and movie night (we watched Glory Road... one of Garrett's favorite movies). Today Garrett challenged me to the video game NBA 2k10 and as usual... beat me pretty badly. I guess this chemo isn't keeping his video game skills down. Garrett has had a few side effects from the chemo: a little nausea, headaches and body aches. He has a great appetite and doesn't even have to be asked often to drink his water! Once the basketball show comes to an end Garrett will spend some time doing homework today while he is feeling pretty good. I know that it's been said a lot... but thank you ALL again for so much support.

-Lindsy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Garrett,
    I'm glad to hear you are doing fine so far! You are on the prayer list at our church, and I pray for you every morning as I am driving to work in beautiful Renton! :) If you ever need to talk to someone else who's been through it, you know I'm always here. Hang in there-you know you have a ton of support from family and friends.
    Love,
    Aunt Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he's able to enjoy a few of his fav's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. March Madness !!! How fun! I have been following you FB entries, so glad you have that laptop, it will keep you connected for sure! Love you Buddy!

    ReplyDelete